What Can Seraf Do For You?
Maximizing returns on investments requires active management and visibility. How many investments has your organization made? How much have you invested in each company and what is the current value of the portfolio? What about your investors - do you know what their standings look like? Seraf tracks all of this data in a simple, easy-to-use web dashboard, organizing all of the investments in one place.
- Total investments by company or round
- Industry and type of product displayed
- Basis and share details
- Current value on latest financing
- Running balance of all transactions
- Organized by date
- Supports all necessary transaction types
- Shares and basis for each transaction
Analysis makes for a smarter investor. Is your organization’s portfolio as diverse as it should be? What percent is allocated to follow-on rounds? Which companies have had the most growth? How has your annual investment pace changed over time? What is the unrealized IRR? Do you know which investor has the best ROI? Seraf’s charts, tables and graphs provide better understanding of your organization’s portfolio today, and where future opportunities may lie.
- View amount invested by company or industry
- Understand portfolio value by company or industry
- Look at investments for initial rounds vs. follow-ons
- Evaluate key drivers of growth
- Analyze portfolio value by company
- Compare amount invested vs. returned
- Analyze investment history year to year
- Study your combined exit multiple
- Compare cumulative IRR with potential IRR
Staying up-to-date on the companies you’ve invested in is core to successfully managing a portfolio. What progress have your portfolio companies made in the past few quarters? Have they sent out investor updates, financials or press releases? Seraf enables you to upload all of these documents and store them in one central place for easy reference.
- Investor updates at your fingertips
- Be prepared for a call or meeting with the CEO
- Understand at a glance which companies are communicating well
- Easily compare current reports to past projections
- Track which companies are making progress on marketing and public relations
Having the paperwork for each investment is critical to managing your portfolio. Are all of your deal documents organized, or are they stuffed away in a file cabinet? What about your diligence notes? Your share certificates? Investor updates? Seraf enables you to upload all of these documents, organize them by company, and store them in one cloud-based system for easy access. You can even forward documents to your Seraf account directly from your email inbox to improve workflow.
- Upload investor reports and financials
- Upload deal documents & relevant paperwork
- Scan and upload copies of stock certificates or checks
- Store your original due diligence materials or notes
- Store copies of key correspondence with companies
- Forward documents straight from your inbox
Monitoring important dates related to your investments increases the value of your portfolio and avoids costly mistakes. Does your organization have warrants and, if so, do you know when they expire? Are you waiting on escrow payouts? Do any of your companies have a redemption rights window? Are you aware when your convertible notes mature? Seraf keeps track of these important dates and provides reminders so that you never miss an opportunity to increase your returns.
- Important dates in one dashboard
- Warrant expirations
- Convertible debt maturity deadlines
- Escrow release dates
- Set reminders for advanced notice
Understanding early stage investing news, trends, and tax and accounting implications is critical to maximizing returns. Do you know the two early stage investing rules worth breaking? What should you consider when joining an Advisory Board? Do any of your investments qualify as 1244 stock? What are the key indicators for an exit? The Seraf Compass provides answers to these questions with a constantly-updating collection of articles by experts in the early stage investing, estate planning, and tax and accounting industries.
- News on early stage investing from industry experts
- Estate planning commentary
- Articles on tax laws
- Thought leadership on early stage investing
- Authoritative guides on investing topics